Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Who plays when Matt Lawton comes back...Magruder or Broussard...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member The Genius's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    485
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To the question....
    I would like to see Lawton back in right, Broussard back in Buffalo playing 1st base (in preparation for next year), and a LF platoon of Garcia and Magruder, who is hitting .350 or so against lefties.

    Actually, I was thinking about inviting Eriemarty over here!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member the teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2001
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shapiro was quoted somewhere (can't remember the source again)... he said we have 5 players we're building around: CC, Baez, Drese, Milton, and Broussard.

    I think Ben's a Made Man.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dr. Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2002
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Magruder, but Broussard needs to play every day, and get his feet wet. Of the two, he's the one with the upside, and is expected to be a fairly big bat. Now that he's settling down, we're seeing some big games out of him.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that's a tough call. Broussard may be more of a power hitter, and he should be given a chance, but Magruder is more of a Bradley mold, a Bradley lite, and perhaps he should keep playing.

    By the way, Texas Tribe, I thought of this topic post completely on my own, the only assist was I read that Lawton was playing with the Aeros as he finishes his rehab, that's what made me think of the question.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The Real TexasTribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2002
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, Alex, er . . . I mean Alexx, er . . . I mean ErieMarty, you have now exposed yourself on three forums.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can break this one wide open for ya. I heard from either the Genius or the Realist that Erie Martin or whatever his name is, is funny.

    And we know I'm not. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •